Potters Bar Rotarians looking for new recruits
A HUMANITARIAN group held an open evening to give potential new recruits an insight into its work. Members of Potters Bar Rotary Club met around a dozen interested people at Old Owens Sports Club in Coopers Lane. The event featured a
A HUMANITARIAN group held an open evening to give potential new recruits an insight into its work.
Members of Potters Bar Rotary Club met around a dozen interested people at Old Owens Sports Club in Coopers Lane on Thursday last week.
The event featured a talk from new club president Pat Rowatt, while there were also slides and displays giving examples of the work that Rotary does in the UK and overseas.
Speaking to the Potters Bar Edition, Pat said the club was looking for both "fresh blood and new ideas".
You may also want to watch:
"We are trying to build the club up," she said.
"We have 20 members at the moment and I would like to see that at 30 by the end of the year."
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 8 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return
Founded in Chicago in 1905, Rotary is a non-political, secular organisation which is dedicated to improving the lives of people throughout the world.
Today, there are Rotary clubs in most countries across the globe, including more than 1,800 clubs in the UK and Ireland alone.
If you are interested in joining Potters Bar Rotary Club, call secretary Mike Thorpe on 01707 662442 or email email@example.com