Potters Bar Rotarians looking for new recruits
A HUMANITARIAN group held an open evening to give potential new recruits an insight into its work. Members of Potters Bar Rotary Club met around a dozen interested people at Old Owens Sports Club in Coopers Lane. The event featured a
A HUMANITARIAN group held an open evening to give potential new recruits an insight into its work.
Members of Potters Bar Rotary Club met around a dozen interested people at Old Owens Sports Club in Coopers Lane on Thursday last week.
The event featured a talk from new club president Pat Rowatt, while there were also slides and displays giving examples of the work that Rotary does in the UK and overseas.
Speaking to the Potters Bar Edition, Pat said the club was looking for both "fresh blood and new ideas".
You may also want to watch:
"We are trying to build the club up," she said.
"We have 20 members at the moment and I would like to see that at 30 by the end of the year."
- 1 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 4 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 5 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
Founded in Chicago in 1905, Rotary is a non-political, secular organisation which is dedicated to improving the lives of people throughout the world.
Today, there are Rotary clubs in most countries across the globe, including more than 1,800 clubs in the UK and Ireland alone.
If you are interested in joining Potters Bar Rotary Club, call secretary Mike Thorpe on 01707 662442 or email email@example.com