Potters Bar Rotarians looking for new recruits
A HUMANITARIAN group held an open evening to give potential new recruits an insight into its work. Members of Potters Bar Rotary Club met around a dozen interested people at Old Owens Sports Club in Coopers Lane. The event featured a
A HUMANITARIAN group held an open evening to give potential new recruits an insight into its work.
Members of Potters Bar Rotary Club met around a dozen interested people at Old Owens Sports Club in Coopers Lane on Thursday last week.
The event featured a talk from new club president Pat Rowatt, while there were also slides and displays giving examples of the work that Rotary does in the UK and overseas.
Speaking to the Potters Bar Edition, Pat said the club was looking for both "fresh blood and new ideas".
You may also want to watch:
"We are trying to build the club up," she said.
"We have 20 members at the moment and I would like to see that at 30 by the end of the year."
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
- 9 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 10 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
Founded in Chicago in 1905, Rotary is a non-political, secular organisation which is dedicated to improving the lives of people throughout the world.
Today, there are Rotary clubs in most countries across the globe, including more than 1,800 clubs in the UK and Ireland alone.
If you are interested in joining Potters Bar Rotary Club, call secretary Mike Thorpe on 01707 662442 or email email@example.com