Potters Bar residents warned over bogus leaflets
RESIDENTS in Potters Bar are being warned to exercise caution when leaflets are pushed through their doors.
A spokeswoman for Hertsmere Borough Council said: “Most of us receive leaflets through our door offering various services but if you think an offer is too good to be true, it normally is.”
Principal licensing officer Phil Andrews added: “We all get leaflets through our doors and the majority are genuine but, on occasion, the distributors do not have the correct licences.
“For instance, anyone collecting money or items door-to-door needs to have a permit from the council.”
Permits are also needed to collect money on the street.
You may also want to watch:
If you are unsure about the authenticity of someone offering services or collecting for charity, call the council on 020 8207 7435 or email email@example.com
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 7 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 8 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone