Potters Bar residents warned over bogus leaflets
RESIDENTS in Potters Bar are being warned to exercise caution when leaflets are pushed through their doors.
A spokeswoman for Hertsmere Borough Council said: “Most of us receive leaflets through our door offering various services but if you think an offer is too good to be true, it normally is.”
Principal licensing officer Phil Andrews added: “We all get leaflets through our doors and the majority are genuine but, on occasion, the distributors do not have the correct licences.
“For instance, anyone collecting money or items door-to-door needs to have a permit from the council.”
Permits are also needed to collect money on the street.
You may also want to watch:
If you are unsure about the authenticity of someone offering services or collecting for charity, call the council on 020 8207 7435 or email email@example.com
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 8 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 9 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 10 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire