Potters Bar pupils meet Strictly Come Dancing star Gavin Henson
IN celebration of completing the Saracens in Schools Rugby Programme, pupils from a Potters Bar school formed a guard of honour on the pitch at Vicarage Road.
The schoolchildren from Oakmere Primary greeted Saracens and Northampton players in front of 6,000 spectators earlier this month.
As the players entered the pitch they ran through Oakmere’s guard of honour tunnel.
The children also had the added bonus of meeting Saracens star Gavin Henson, who is currently wowing viewers – not to mention judging panel expert Bruno Tonioli, who he kissed last week – on BBC show Strictly Come Dancing.
The perma-tanned twinkle-toes from Wales, who has two children with ex-fianc�e Charlotte Church, had his photo taken with all the children and signed plenty of autographs for them and their mums.
You may also want to watch:
The Guinness Premiership clash, which ended 22-22, was “very exciting”, according to teacher Carolyn Hagger.
She added: “This has been a really memorable day for all the children who took part.”
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?