Potters Bar pupils meet Strictly Come Dancing star Gavin Henson
IN celebration of completing the Saracens in Schools Rugby Programme, pupils from a Potters Bar school formed a guard of honour on the pitch at Vicarage Road.
The schoolchildren from Oakmere Primary greeted Saracens and Northampton players in front of 6,000 spectators earlier this month.
As the players entered the pitch they ran through Oakmere’s guard of honour tunnel.
The children also had the added bonus of meeting Saracens star Gavin Henson, who is currently wowing viewers – not to mention judging panel expert Bruno Tonioli, who he kissed last week – on BBC show Strictly Come Dancing.
The perma-tanned twinkle-toes from Wales, who has two children with ex-fianc�e Charlotte Church, had his photo taken with all the children and signed plenty of autographs for them and their mums.
You may also want to watch:
The Guinness Premiership clash, which ended 22-22, was “very exciting”, according to teacher Carolyn Hagger.
She added: “This has been a really memorable day for all the children who took part.”
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 4 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 5 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 6 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 7 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 8 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school