Potters Bar office staff raise cash for Help for Heroes
CHARITABLE staff showed their support to our Armed Forces by staging a special fundraising event.
UK Power Networks employees based at the Potters Bar office in Darkes Lane held a charity day to raise money for Help for Heroes.
Colleagues sold home-made cakes, paid �1 each to wear red, white and blue, and held a raffle – managing to raise �814.
Organiser Angela Bumstead, a personal assistant, said: “This was the second time that we have raised money for Help for Heroes and everybody who has been involved agreed that our boys and girls need support.
“We had great fun raising funds for such a worthwhile cause.”
You may also want to watch:
Bryn Parry, the charity’s chief executive and co-founder, said: “Help for Heroes is all about ‘doing your bit’ and this event is a wonderful example of people having a good idea, rallying support and having a great deal of fun while they raise money for a wonderful cause.
“We have been able to use the millions of pounds raised to provide practical and direct support to those wounded in the current conflicts.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
“This contribution is needed, it is being used and it is hugely appreciated.
“UK Power Networks staff are part of something that is very British and wonderful and I would like to say thank you for this and every other fundraising event that it inspires.”