Potters Bar off-licence granted extended opening hours
AN off-licence in Potters Bar can now flog booze late into the night, seven days a week, after it was granted a new licence by councillors. Bargain Wine, in The Broadway, off Darkes Lane, can now sell alcohol until
AN off-licence in Potters Bar can now flog booze late into the night, seven days a week, after it was granted a new licence by councillors.
Bargain Wine, in The Broadway, off Darkes Lane, can now sell alcohol until 1am from Sunday through to Thursday, and until 3am on Fridays and Saturdays.
The shop's previous licence, which will now be surrendered to the council, allowed customers to buy alcohol up until 10pm Monday to Saturday and until 9pm on Sundays.
The decision was taken at a meeting of Hertsmere Borough Council's licensing sub-committee at the civic offices in Borehamwood on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
For more from the hearing see next week's Potters Bar Edition, out on Wednesday
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 5 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 6 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 7 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 8 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 9 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images