Potters Bar off-licence granted extended opening hours
AN off-licence in Potters Bar can now flog booze late into the night, seven days a week, after it was granted a new licence by councillors. Bargain Wine, in The Broadway, off Darkes Lane, can now sell alcohol until
AN off-licence in Potters Bar can now flog booze late into the night, seven days a week, after it was granted a new licence by councillors.
Bargain Wine, in The Broadway, off Darkes Lane, can now sell alcohol until 1am from Sunday through to Thursday, and until 3am on Fridays and Saturdays.
The shop's previous licence, which will now be surrendered to the council, allowed customers to buy alcohol up until 10pm Monday to Saturday and until 9pm on Sundays.
The decision was taken at a meeting of Hertsmere Borough Council's licensing sub-committee at the civic offices in Borehamwood on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
For more from the hearing see next week's Potters Bar Edition, out on Wednesday
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued