Potters Bar off-licence granted extended opening hours
AN off-licence in Potters Bar can now flog booze late into the night, seven days a week, after it was granted a new licence by councillors. Bargain Wine, in The Broadway, off Darkes Lane, can now sell alcohol until
AN off-licence in Potters Bar can now flog booze late into the night, seven days a week, after it was granted a new licence by councillors.
Bargain Wine, in The Broadway, off Darkes Lane, can now sell alcohol until 1am from Sunday through to Thursday, and until 3am on Fridays and Saturdays.
The shop's previous licence, which will now be surrendered to the council, allowed customers to buy alcohol up until 10pm Monday to Saturday and until 9pm on Sundays.
The decision was taken at a meeting of Hertsmere Borough Council's licensing sub-committee at the civic offices in Borehamwood on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
For more from the hearing see next week's Potters Bar Edition, out on Wednesday
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 6 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 7 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder