Potters Bar musician joins fight against human trafficking
A POTTERS Bar musician is helping to raise thousands of pounds for the fight against human trafficking.
Mike Huttlestone, a music and drama teacher from Ladbroke Drive, is part of a team of top musicians who have come together for the Helen Bamber Foundation – the UK-based human rights organisation chaired by Oscar-winning actress Emma Thompson.
Formed by musician and campaigner Phil Knight, the group released their album, called Just Enough For The Real World, late last year.
But such has been the success of the record that the group are now releasing a downloadable single, The Sky Is Always Mine, in a bid to raise more cash for the women and children that are subject to human and sex trafficking every year.
And they’re planning a series of shows – with Mike on bass.
You may also want to watch:
Mike, who teaches at Chancellor’s School in Brookmans Park, said: “I’ve known Phil Knight for a couple of years now and was really interested in what he was undertaking for this particular cause.
“What really struck and made me research further is the fact that it concerns mainly women and children – which as a male, you can’t help but feel ‘protective’ over them.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 10 Paedophile jailed for historic child sex offences
“Quite old fashioned I know, but that’s how I felt.
“On top of this, Phil then turned around and asked me to play bass, which I’d do all day long if I could regardless.
“The opportunity to assist with such a cause and also play bass with so many amazing musicians was simply too good to turn down.”
The Sky Is Always Mine, is available for download on iTunes.