Potters Bar mum's vigil for son 'Left for dead'
POTTERS Bar mum Polly Havard has been by the bedside of her 24-year-old son Michael Doody after he was viciously attacked yards from his front door. The young man has been left fighting for his life in intensive care after he was allegedly run over by
POTTERS Bar mum Polly Havard has been by the bedside of her 24-year-old son Michael Doody after he was viciously attacked yards from his front door.
The young man has been left fighting for his life in intensive care after he was allegedly run over by a tipper truck.
With 17 pelvic fractures, a broken leg and severe internal injuries his mum, from Chace Avenue, believed her son may not pull through.
The 48-year-old said: "He was broken in half, he can't breathe properly on his own and there is scaffolding holding him together.
You may also want to watch:
"The police originally said this was a minor assault.
"Why would anybody do this to anybody else?
- 1 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 4 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
- 8 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 9 Remembering the life of daring test pilot Geoffrey de Havilland Jr - 75 years on from his tragic death
- 10 Riding charity holds online art and photography competition
"For the first few days everybody thought he wasn't going to make it."
Michael has woken up after a seven-hour operation, but is on a ventilator to help him breathe.
A metal clamp is holding his pelvis together and he now has a permanent metal rod in his leg.
The alleged attack took place in Reed Close, London Colney.
* Thomas Taylor, 18, of Valley Road, Walsall, was arrested in Colney Heath and was charged with grievous bodily harm with intent.
He was granted conditional bail.