Potters Bar mum's vigil for son 'Left for dead'
POTTERS Bar mum Polly Havard has been by the bedside of her 24-year-old son Michael Doody after he was viciously attacked yards from his front door. The young man has been left fighting for his life in intensive care after he was allegedly run over by
POTTERS Bar mum Polly Havard has been by the bedside of her 24-year-old son Michael Doody after he was viciously attacked yards from his front door.
The young man has been left fighting for his life in intensive care after he was allegedly run over by a tipper truck.
With 17 pelvic fractures, a broken leg and severe internal injuries his mum, from Chace Avenue, believed her son may not pull through.
The 48-year-old said: "He was broken in half, he can't breathe properly on his own and there is scaffolding holding him together.
You may also want to watch:
"The police originally said this was a minor assault.
"Why would anybody do this to anybody else?
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 5 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 6 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 10 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
"For the first few days everybody thought he wasn't going to make it."
Michael has woken up after a seven-hour operation, but is on a ventilator to help him breathe.
A metal clamp is holding his pelvis together and he now has a permanent metal rod in his leg.
The alleged attack took place in Reed Close, London Colney.
* Thomas Taylor, 18, of Valley Road, Walsall, was arrested in Colney Heath and was charged with grievous bodily harm with intent.
He was granted conditional bail.