Potters Bar mum is Queen of the Desert with Jason Donovan
A MUM-OF-TWO who won the chance to appear in a West End show really was crowned Queen of the Desert. Potters Bar resident Hayley Smart bagged the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to appear on stage with Jason Donovan in the hit musical Priscilla Queen of t
A MUM-OF-TWO who won the chance to appear in a West End show really was crowned Queen of the Desert.
Potters Bar resident Hayley Smart bagged the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to appear on stage with Jason Donovan in the hit musical Priscilla Queen of the Desert.
Hayley, from the Furzefield area, was awarded the role by the former Neighbours heart-throb live on air on Heart radio, where he is also a presenter.
The musical features the adventures of three Australian transvestites as they travel from Sydney to Alice Springs, on their bus named Priscilla.
You may also want to watch:
Hayley's skit saw her dress up as the Queen, who was attempting to give resuscitation to her corgi, after it was run over by Priscilla.
She also had to swear at the three main cast members and later came back for the final number.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 4 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 5 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 6 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 10 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
Her family were all in the audience to see the show.
Hayley's partner Carsten said: "She was unbelievable.
"She looked a natural up there and I wished she'd had more."
Son Ashley, nine, said his mum had been very nervous but very excited in the run up to her big night.
He added her performance was "brilliant".
Hayley herself added: "I was really scared. I was shaking as I came off stage.
"All the cast welcomed me, we had been on stage doing vocal work before the show.
"Everyone was really friendly.
"It really was the best day of my life.