Potters Bar mum is Queen of the Desert with Jason Donovan
A MUM-OF-TWO who won the chance to appear in a West End show really was crowned Queen of the Desert. Potters Bar resident Hayley Smart bagged the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to appear on stage with Jason Donovan in the hit musical Priscilla Queen of t
A MUM-OF-TWO who won the chance to appear in a West End show really was crowned Queen of the Desert.
Potters Bar resident Hayley Smart bagged the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to appear on stage with Jason Donovan in the hit musical Priscilla Queen of the Desert.
Hayley, from the Furzefield area, was awarded the role by the former Neighbours heart-throb live on air on Heart radio, where he is also a presenter.
The musical features the adventures of three Australian transvestites as they travel from Sydney to Alice Springs, on their bus named Priscilla.
You may also want to watch:
Hayley's skit saw her dress up as the Queen, who was attempting to give resuscitation to her corgi, after it was run over by Priscilla.
She also had to swear at the three main cast members and later came back for the final number.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
Her family were all in the audience to see the show.
Hayley's partner Carsten said: "She was unbelievable.
"She looked a natural up there and I wished she'd had more."
Son Ashley, nine, said his mum had been very nervous but very excited in the run up to her big night.
He added her performance was "brilliant".
Hayley herself added: "I was really scared. I was shaking as I came off stage.
"All the cast welcomed me, we had been on stage doing vocal work before the show.
"Everyone was really friendly.
"It really was the best day of my life.