Potters Bar mum is Queen of the Desert with Jason Donovan
A MUM-OF-TWO who won the chance to appear in a West End show really was crowned Queen of the Desert. Potters Bar resident Hayley Smart bagged the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to appear on stage with Jason Donovan in the hit musical Priscilla Queen of t
A MUM-OF-TWO who won the chance to appear in a West End show really was crowned Queen of the Desert.
Potters Bar resident Hayley Smart bagged the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to appear on stage with Jason Donovan in the hit musical Priscilla Queen of the Desert.
Hayley, from the Furzefield area, was awarded the role by the former Neighbours heart-throb live on air on Heart radio, where he is also a presenter.
The musical features the adventures of three Australian transvestites as they travel from Sydney to Alice Springs, on their bus named Priscilla.
You may also want to watch:
Hayley's skit saw her dress up as the Queen, who was attempting to give resuscitation to her corgi, after it was run over by Priscilla.
She also had to swear at the three main cast members and later came back for the final number.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 4 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 5 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
Her family were all in the audience to see the show.
Hayley's partner Carsten said: "She was unbelievable.
"She looked a natural up there and I wished she'd had more."
Son Ashley, nine, said his mum had been very nervous but very excited in the run up to her big night.
He added her performance was "brilliant".
Hayley herself added: "I was really scared. I was shaking as I came off stage.
"All the cast welcomed me, we had been on stage doing vocal work before the show.
"Everyone was really friendly.
"It really was the best day of my life.