Potters Bar man 'Critical' after collision in Welham Green
A POTTERS Bar man is critical in hospital after a serious road traffic accident in Welham Green on Friday night. Police are appealing for witnesses after a pedestrian and a blue Volkswagen Golf were involved in a collision at around 10pm on the A1000, Gre
A POTTERS Bar man is critical in hospital after a serious road traffic accident in Welham Green on Friday night.
Police are appealing for witnesses after a pedestrian and a blue Volkswagen Golf were involved in a collision at around 10pm on the A1000, Great North Road, to the north of the junction with the Dixons Hill Road.
The pedestrian, a 37-year-old from Potters Bar, was taken to QE2 Hospital in WGC, where his condition has been described as critical.
Inspector Paul Davis, from the roads policing unit, said: "We are trying to establish the circumstances of this collision and I am appealing to anyone who may have seen it take place to make contact with police.
You may also want to watch:
"Also, if you saw the pedestrian in the area before the incident, we would like to speak with you."
The man was wearing blue jeans and a blue t-shirt.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 6 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 7 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder
Anyone with information should call the police via the non-emergency number 0845 3300 222.