Potters Bar man, 62, attacked after confronting yobs
A ‘HAVE a go hero’ was attacked after he bravely confronted a group of yobs who had smashed his car window.
The 62-year-old man was punched by one of the gang members in Cranborne Crescent, Potters Bar, at around 12.50am on Saturday.
Police say the victim challenged the group of five or six youths, aged between 15 and 17, after they damaged a side window of the car.
One thug then assaulted the man – who was taken to Barnet Hospital with injuries to his mouth.
Detective constable Rob Fleming said: “This incident was totally unwarranted.
You may also want to watch:
“The victim was defending his property and as a result, has been subjected to a nasty assault.
“I am appealing to anyone who saw the group or has any information about this incident to contact me.”
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 4 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 9 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 10 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
Call 0845 33 00 222 with information.