Potters Bar man, 62, attacked after confronting yobs
A ‘HAVE a go hero’ was attacked after he bravely confronted a group of yobs who had smashed his car window.
The 62-year-old man was punched by one of the gang members in Cranborne Crescent, Potters Bar, at around 12.50am on Saturday.
Police say the victim challenged the group of five or six youths, aged between 15 and 17, after they damaged a side window of the car.
One thug then assaulted the man – who was taken to Barnet Hospital with injuries to his mouth.
Detective constable Rob Fleming said: “This incident was totally unwarranted.
You may also want to watch:
“The victim was defending his property and as a result, has been subjected to a nasty assault.
“I am appealing to anyone who saw the group or has any information about this incident to contact me.”
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 5 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 6 Student gets programming with Code Ninjas
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Travel business calls for Grant Shapps visit to ‘see what a travel agent is’
- 9 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 10 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
Call 0845 33 00 222 with information.