Potters Bar man, 62, attacked after confronting yobs
A ‘HAVE a go hero’ was attacked after he bravely confronted a group of yobs who had smashed his car window.
The 62-year-old man was punched by one of the gang members in Cranborne Crescent, Potters Bar, at around 12.50am on Saturday.
Police say the victim challenged the group of five or six youths, aged between 15 and 17, after they damaged a side window of the car.
One thug then assaulted the man – who was taken to Barnet Hospital with injuries to his mouth.
Detective constable Rob Fleming said: “This incident was totally unwarranted.
You may also want to watch:
“The victim was defending his property and as a result, has been subjected to a nasty assault.
“I am appealing to anyone who saw the group or has any information about this incident to contact me.”
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
Call 0845 33 00 222 with information.