Will Potters Bar be getting a new swimming pool?
- Credit: Archant
A plan was submitted to Hertsmere Borough Council for a swim centre in Potters Bar on Tuesday, October 29.
There are few details so far, but according to the application it will be aimed at both parents and children.
The centre will be at 12 High Street, which has previously been the location of both an accountant and financial consultancy service.
Currently, the Furzefield Leisure Centre on Mutton Lane is the only public swimming pool in Potters Bar.
It has a 33-metre swimming pool, 12m teaching pool, salt and herbal sauna, aroma steam room, ice fountain, heated relaxation benches, health shower and relaxation area.
You may also want to watch:
The spa facility is the latest addition as part of an ongoing £5 million improvement programme of leisure facilities - managed by InspireAll - in the borough.
Furzefield is open seven days a week from early in the morning to late at night.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
For a full look at the High Street application please go to hertsmere.gov.uk/planning and search for '19/1740/PD56O'.