Potters Bar held to a goalless draw at Leyton
POTTERS Bar Town assistant boss Mike Smee took charge of the Scholars for the first time as they drew 0-0 at Leyton in the league yesterday (Saturday). With newly appointed Bar manager Adam Lee on a pre-arranged holiday in America, his number two looked a
POTTERS Bar Town assistant boss Mike Smee took charge of the Scholars for the first time as they drew 0-0 at Leyton in the league yesterday (Saturday).
With newly appointed Bar manager Adam Lee on a pre-arranged holiday in America, his number two looked after team affairs against the Lilywhites.
The closest either side came to scoring a goal was when Bar's Sammy Winston had a header from a Daniel Francis corner cleared off the line by Des Thomas in the first half.
Bar had further chances to take a half-time lead but Winston, Alex Bolt, Arjan Tajbakhsh and Francis all failed to find a way past keeper Sam Tanner.
You may also want to watch:
His opposite number, Harry Ricketts, had to be alert after the break to deny Thomas and former Welwyn Garden City man Michael Bakare.
Adejokun could have won it for Potters Bar in the second half had it not been for a fine Tanner save to deny him a headed winner.
- 1 Second tree-umph as borough named ‘Tree City of the World’ again
- 2 Take a first look at the new Ebenezer Howard statue coming to our town
- 3 Man creates penis shapes with his running routes to raise money for testicular cancer
- 4 Three hours free parking to be considered for Hatfield
- 5 Line-up set to be announced for Herts music festival's 15th birthday party
- 6 New date announced for music festival in Hatfield
- 7 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 8 Welwyn Hatfield MP receives first dose of COVID-19 vaccination
- 9 Overweight vehicles fined in police crackdown
- 10 No jab, no job COVID-19 policy rolled out at care homes
In the end the keepers came out on top, keeping clean sheets as the teams seemed happy to settle for a Ryman League Division One North point each.