Potters Bar gym hosts charity open day today
A SPONSORED ‘spinathon’ will be among events being staged at a Potters Bar gym today (Saturday) to raise vital funds for the Herts Air Ambulance.
Instructors at Parkwood Heath and Fitness Centre are organising a range of activities as they host a charity open day.
Non-members are being encouraged to pop in and try the Darkes Lane gym’s facilities or take part in classes, from cross-training circuits to Zumba, free of charge.
Keen “spinners” will see how long they can go on for on the stationary spinning bikes, while the second floor cafe will host a selection of stalls.
General manager Michael Supple said: “I am really looking forward to the day; there will be loads of great classes to try out, and stalls and refreshments in the cafe.
You may also want to watch:
“I am really pleased we are helping the Herts Air Ambulance and this is a great opportunity for the local community to show their support too!”
The air ambulance, which receives no Government funding, needs to raise around �130,000 every month to keep the service in the air.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 10 Paedophile jailed for historic child sex offences
Pop into the centre today, or call 01707 660777 to find out more.