Potters Bar golfers' Open challenge for Hatfield charity
A RECORD breaking feat of playing 108 holes of golf and travelling 350 miles within 24 hours is being attempted today.Potters Bar golfer - Alistair Hunter - as part of a team of four, is taking
A RECORD breaking feat of playing 108 holes of golf and travelling 350 miles within 24 hours is being attempted today.
Potters Bar golfer - Alistair Hunter - as part of a team of four, is taking on the challenge to raise cash for Old Hatfield-based charity The Willow Foundation.
He and his group are hoping to become the first people to play all six English golf courses - Princes in Sandwich, Kent, then play Royal St Georges in Sandwich, Royal Cinque Ports in Deal, Royal Liverpool in Hoylake, Royal Birkdale in Southport, and Royal Lytham & St Annes - that have hosted the Open Championship in one day.
A twin-engine helicopter will jet the team across the country to achieve their one-day goal.
You may also want to watch:
They will obviously be hoping to finish the task before tonight's US Open.
* To see how the golfers get on read Wednesday's Welwyn and Hatfield Times Potters Bar Edition.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 5 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 9 Everyone invited to Hatfield rail tragedy remembrance service
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright