Potters Bar golfers' Open challenge for Hatfield charity
A RECORD breaking feat of playing 108 holes of golf and travelling 350 miles within 24 hours is being attempted today.Potters Bar golfer - Alistair Hunter - as part of a team of four, is taking
A RECORD breaking feat of playing 108 holes of golf and travelling 350 miles within 24 hours is being attempted today.
Potters Bar golfer - Alistair Hunter - as part of a team of four, is taking on the challenge to raise cash for Old Hatfield-based charity The Willow Foundation.
He and his group are hoping to become the first people to play all six English golf courses - Princes in Sandwich, Kent, then play Royal St Georges in Sandwich, Royal Cinque Ports in Deal, Royal Liverpool in Hoylake, Royal Birkdale in Southport, and Royal Lytham & St Annes - that have hosted the Open Championship in one day.
A twin-engine helicopter will jet the team across the country to achieve their one-day goal.
You may also want to watch:
They will obviously be hoping to finish the task before tonight's US Open.
* To see how the golfers get on read Wednesday's Welwyn and Hatfield Times Potters Bar Edition.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 4 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 5 What time will the election results come in?
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 8 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 Man found with head injuries following assault