Potters Bar Golf Club fined for selling booze illegally
A GOLF club has been ordered to pay almost �2,000 for selling booze illegally for more than TWO YEARS.
Alcohol was both displayed and sold at Potters Bar Golf Club without a valid licence in place, magistrates heard.
The court was told a Hertsmere Borough Council licensing officer visited the Darkes Lane club to carry out a general inspection in August 2009.
He discovered the designated premises supervisor listed on the licence had left nearly two-and-a-half years before.
Magistrates were told the invalidity of the licence meant that every single sale of alcohol since his leaving had been illegal.
You may also want to watch:
PB Golf Ltd admitted the offences at West Herts Magistrates’ Court and was fined �1,500, and ordered to pay the council’s costs of �451.60 and a victim surcharge of �15.
* Full story in today’s Potters Bar Edition.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn