Potters Bar girl reaches final of national beauty competition
AN aspiring model from Potters Bar has spoken of her excitement after reaching the final of a prestigious national teen beauty pageant.
Molly Burton spoke to the Potters Bar Edition after learning she had made the live grand final of the 2010 edition of Teen Queen UK.
The 16-year-old, who was discovered while visiting the Clothes Show Live in Birmingham last year, qualified along with 39 other girls following a public vote.
Molly, who recently completed her GCSEs at Sherrardswood School in Welwyn, said she was “excited” to make it through to the final of the competition, which will be staged in London on August 19.
“I’m really happy,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“I love the fashion industry and to be a model would be amazing.”
The live final will see Molly, of Hatfield Road, model a range of fashions on the catwalk, where she will be judged by a panel of experts.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
And in preparation for the event, she confirmed she would be practising her strut in order to giver herself the best possible chance of victory.
“My biggest ambition would be to win Miss Teen Queen UK,” she said.
“I’m confident and I will give it my best shot.”
The winner of the contest will receive a number of prizes, including a fashion portfolio produced by professional photographers, an introduction to Rage Model Agency and the opportunity to represent the UK in an international beauty pageant.
For more information, click on the link, right.