Potters Bar girl reaches final of national beauty competition
AN aspiring model from Potters Bar has spoken of her excitement after reaching the final of a prestigious national teen beauty pageant.
Molly Burton spoke to the Potters Bar Edition after learning she had made the live grand final of the 2010 edition of Teen Queen UK.
The 16-year-old, who was discovered while visiting the Clothes Show Live in Birmingham last year, qualified along with 39 other girls following a public vote.
Molly, who recently completed her GCSEs at Sherrardswood School in Welwyn, said she was “excited” to make it through to the final of the competition, which will be staged in London on August 19.
“I’m really happy,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“I love the fashion industry and to be a model would be amazing.”
The live final will see Molly, of Hatfield Road, model a range of fashions on the catwalk, where she will be judged by a panel of experts.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 9 Welwyn Garden City gym smashes target distance in charity cycle challenge
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
And in preparation for the event, she confirmed she would be practising her strut in order to giver herself the best possible chance of victory.
“My biggest ambition would be to win Miss Teen Queen UK,” she said.
“I’m confident and I will give it my best shot.”
The winner of the contest will receive a number of prizes, including a fashion portfolio produced by professional photographers, an introduction to Rage Model Agency and the opportunity to represent the UK in an international beauty pageant.
For more information, click on the link, right.