Potters Bar gears up for carnival on Sunday
AN American Civil War re-enactment will be just one of the highlights of this year’s Potters Bar Carnival, which takes place on Sunday.
The skirmish, which features a group of Confederate soldiers attacking a Union bastion, will unfold at the Elm Court Youth and Community Centre in Mutton Lane following the traditional carnival procession.
Colourful floats and music will fill the town’s streets as carnival princess Stephanie Allen leads the parade from Canada Life to Elm Court via Mount Grace Road and Darkes Lane.
She will be accompanied by maids of honour Ruby Turner and Scarlet Reid.
Besides the battle re-enactment, a range of other activities will also be held at Elm Court, including a children’s fun fair, pony rides, a bouncy castle and Punch and Judy.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be around 60 stalls catering for all ages, together with burger stalls and a beer tent.
Sandwiches, cakes and soft drinks will also be available.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 4 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 8 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
The procession will start at 12.30pm and is set to arrive at Elm Court at 1.45pm.
To join in the parade, call organiser Peter Weaver on 01707 850147.
MOTORISTS are being warned to expect road closures in Potters Bar on carnival day.
Hertsmere Borough Council said parts of High Street, Hatfield Road, Quakers Lane, Mount Grace Road, Billy Lows Lane, Darkes Lane and Mutton Lane will be closed between noon and 5pm on Sunday.
For more information call 020 8207 7500 or email email@example.com