Potters Bar gears up for carnival on Sunday
AN American Civil War re-enactment will be just one of the highlights of this year’s Potters Bar Carnival, which takes place on Sunday.
The skirmish, which features a group of Confederate soldiers attacking a Union bastion, will unfold at the Elm Court Youth and Community Centre in Mutton Lane following the traditional carnival procession.
Colourful floats and music will fill the town’s streets as carnival princess Stephanie Allen leads the parade from Canada Life to Elm Court via Mount Grace Road and Darkes Lane.
She will be accompanied by maids of honour Ruby Turner and Scarlet Reid.
Besides the battle re-enactment, a range of other activities will also be held at Elm Court, including a children’s fun fair, pony rides, a bouncy castle and Punch and Judy.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be around 60 stalls catering for all ages, together with burger stalls and a beer tent.
Sandwiches, cakes and soft drinks will also be available.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
The procession will start at 12.30pm and is set to arrive at Elm Court at 1.45pm.
To join in the parade, call organiser Peter Weaver on 01707 850147.
MOTORISTS are being warned to expect road closures in Potters Bar on carnival day.
Hertsmere Borough Council said parts of High Street, Hatfield Road, Quakers Lane, Mount Grace Road, Billy Lows Lane, Darkes Lane and Mutton Lane will be closed between noon and 5pm on Sunday.
For more information call 020 8207 7500 or email email@example.com