Potters Bar firefighters talkin' bout the car wash
FIREFIGHTERS have donated more than �500 to charity after holding a car wash in Potters Bar. The event, which took place at Potters Bar fire station, raised a total of �545.67, to be split between Cancer Research UK and The Fire Fighters Charity.
FIREFIGHTERS have donated more than �500 to charity after holding a car wash in Potters Bar.
The event, which took place at Potters Bar fire station, raised a total of �545.67, to be split between Cancer Research UK and The Fire Fighters Charity.
Speaking about the event, station commander Trevor Brown said: "I would like to thank the local residents who visited our charity car wash - they were particularly generous and we appreciate their continued support."
Paul Boot, the director of Water Wash UK, which helped to run the car wash, said: "We are really pleased that the firefighters got involved and we are looking forward to working with them again at the next event."
You may also want to watch:
Another charity car wash, to benefit the same two charities, will be held at the Furzefield Centre, in Mutton Lane, on Saturday, June 6.
It starts at 10am and finishes at 4pm.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 6 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 7 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 8 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist