Potters Bar fire station open day
EVER wondered what your local firefighters get up to?
Maybe you would love to see how they tackle certain fires and road traffic collisions.
Well, you’re in for a treat tomorrow (Sunday) as Potters Bar Fire Station, in Mutton Lane, will open its doors to the general public.
The free open day will be packed with many fun activities for visitors to get involved in.
Firefighters will cut up an old car to demonstrate how they use hydraulic cutting equipment at road traffic collisions and there will be a chip pan fire demonstration to highlight the dangers of putting water on to oil fires.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a merry-go-round and inflatable slides to play around on.
A barbecue and refreshments will be available.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
The open day runs from noon until 3pm.
For more information call the station on 01707 346100.