Potters Bar fire station open day
EVER wondered what your local firefighters get up to?
Maybe you would love to see how they tackle certain fires and road traffic collisions.
Well, you’re in for a treat tomorrow (Sunday) as Potters Bar Fire Station, in Mutton Lane, will open its doors to the general public.
The free open day will be packed with many fun activities for visitors to get involved in.
Firefighters will cut up an old car to demonstrate how they use hydraulic cutting equipment at road traffic collisions and there will be a chip pan fire demonstration to highlight the dangers of putting water on to oil fires.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a merry-go-round and inflatable slides to play around on.
A barbecue and refreshments will be available.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 10 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
The open day runs from noon until 3pm.
For more information call the station on 01707 346100.