Potters Bar family win cookery class with celebrity chef
A POTTERS Bar family received a masterclass in cooking from a celebrity TV chef, after winning a county-wide radio competition.
The Phillips family – mum Denise, dad Paul and daughters Chloe, 11, Amy, nine and Kristina, five – were named the Heart Breakfast McCain Family of the Month.
They had entered a competition on the radio station offering cookery-loving families a chance to make and decorate the ultimate Christmas Yule Log with former Ready Steady Cook regular Antony Worrall Thompson.
The family, from Mimms Hall Road, received expert guidance from the award-winning chef during a lesson at London cooking school L’atelier des Chefs, and highlights of their experience will be broadcast on the Heart FM Hertfordshire Breakfast Show, where the Phillips’ will be joining host Daniel Fox live on air tomorrow (Friday).
“It was fantastic,” said Denise, on her family’s cooking lesson.
You may also want to watch:
“It was chocolate – what’s not to like?
“It was aimed at the children, but there was a really good bunch there and we all had a laugh.”
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 4 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 5 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 6 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 7 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 8 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
Ahead of their upcoming radio slot, Heart Breakfast host Daniel Fox said: “We love meeting our listeners so we’re excited to welcome the Phillips family to the show next week as they join us for the morning.
“We’re really hoping they’ll bring some leftovers from their masterclass with Antony!”
The Heart Breakfast McCain Family of the Month competition runs until March 2011, so there is still time to win more experiences for your loved ones.
Click on the link above for more details.