Potters Bar Enterprise Centre gets a makeover
A BUSINESS centre hoping to launch Potter Bar entrepreneurs is in for a quarter of a million pound revamp.
The Enterprise Centre, occupied by local enterprise agency Wenta, has been granted funding to transform the existing site and add a state-of-the-art small business incubator service aiming to support the development of new local businesses.
The established centre on Cranborne Road, already home to over 50 businesses, was granted �244,000 which will be split evenly between Hertsmere Together and the East of England Development Agency.
As well as the incubator a new reception area and modern meeting rooms will also be built.
The incubator will offer support for businessmen and women just starting up, and mentor them through business start up. The service is free of charge for the first three months while an idea is developed and business plan created.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Pichon, Wenta’s Chief Executive, said: “In such uncertain times My Incubator provides a much needed beacon of light for start ups who are working hard to make their venture a success but need expert, ongoing, guidance on the best way forward. These funds will transform the prospects for start up businesses in Potters Bar and create a true centre for enterprise rather than just managed workspace.”
Morris Bright, leader of Hertsmere Borough Council also threw his weight behind the project, saying: “The council is keen to support local business initiatives especially in the current financial climate as small businesses can
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 6 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
really help boost the local economy. The new facility in Potters Bar will be a valuable resource for start-up businesses as well as the existing local business community and future generations of budding entrepreneurs.”
Work on the centre has already started and is due to be completed by May. If you are interested in getting business help from the new incubator you can apply to Wenta at www.myincubator.co.uk or by phoning 01707 663610.