Potters Bar Enterprise Centre gets a makeover
A BUSINESS centre hoping to launch Potter Bar entrepreneurs is in for a quarter of a million pound revamp.
The Enterprise Centre, occupied by local enterprise agency Wenta, has been granted funding to transform the existing site and add a state-of-the-art small business incubator service aiming to support the development of new local businesses.
The established centre on Cranborne Road, already home to over 50 businesses, was granted �244,000 which will be split evenly between Hertsmere Together and the East of England Development Agency.
As well as the incubator a new reception area and modern meeting rooms will also be built.
The incubator will offer support for businessmen and women just starting up, and mentor them through business start up. The service is free of charge for the first three months while an idea is developed and business plan created.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Pichon, Wenta’s Chief Executive, said: “In such uncertain times My Incubator provides a much needed beacon of light for start ups who are working hard to make their venture a success but need expert, ongoing, guidance on the best way forward. These funds will transform the prospects for start up businesses in Potters Bar and create a true centre for enterprise rather than just managed workspace.”
Morris Bright, leader of Hertsmere Borough Council also threw his weight behind the project, saying: “The council is keen to support local business initiatives especially in the current financial climate as small businesses can
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses
- 6 Would you quit drinking and smoking?
- 7 Businesses react as relaxation of Covid restrictions delayed to July 19
- 8 100 not out for centenarian Gladys
- 9 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 10 Getting wild at Panshanger Park with Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust
really help boost the local economy. The new facility in Potters Bar will be a valuable resource for start-up businesses as well as the existing local business community and future generations of budding entrepreneurs.”
Work on the centre has already started and is due to be completed by May. If you are interested in getting business help from the new incubator you can apply to Wenta at www.myincubator.co.uk or by phoning 01707 663610.