Pawsome turnout for popular Potters Bar dog show
- Credit: Archant
A popular dog show that raises much needed funds and awareness for rescue animals attracted crowds to Potters Bar.
Animal lovers turned up despite the poor weather conditions on Sunday, April 8, at the Cricket Club, in The Walk.
Rosettes were handed out for 1st to 6th place, with Best Rescue each receiving a donated goodie bag, plus all entrants received a ‘Well Done’ rosette.
The winner of Best in Show was a Rottweiler named Zac.
Rescue volunteers including Lozza’s Lurcher Rescue, Sighthound Stopgap, Hessa’s Homeless Hounds, Greys 11+, and Hetty’s Helpers who rescue hedgehogs, all had stalls in a bid to raise funds.
You may also want to watch:
The day raised a staggering £3,037 which will benefit the lives of animals in need.
The dog show was judged purely on a ‘fun’ basis by Writtle College faculty head, Amanda Rosier.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 6 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 7 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 10 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
Lisa White, who organises the event, said: “The volunteers worked tirelessly as usual, and all deserve our biggest thanks for their dedication to the cause.
“Huge thanks to Arden Grange, Tesco in Potters Bar, Zooplus, Pets at Home, and to the sponsors of each class.”
If you are a local business who would like to donate a raffle prize for one of the events or are interested in sponsoring a class with toys and treats, contact Lisa White on email@example.com