Potters Bar cyclist dies in accident
A CYCLIST has died following an accident in Potters Bar.
The 39-year-old from the town was in collision with a blue Nissan Navarra on the A1000, Barnet Road
The incident happened at 9.50am yesterday (Sunday).
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “First and foremost our thoughts are firmly with the mans family and friends at this tragic time.”
Mr Sanderson added: “On arrival the man was found in a serious condition.
You may also want to watch:
“A team of paramedics and doctors worked extremely hard to stabilise his injuries at the scene, but sadly he was pronounced dead shortly after.”
Closures were put on the road at the junction with Dancers Hill Road, Dove Lane and Hill Rise by police.
- 1 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 6 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 7 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
PC Matt Hollingsworth, collision investigation officer, said: “This was a tragic incident as the cyclist passed away at the scene.
“We are very interested to speak to anyone who witnessed the collision who has not yet spoken to officers and would encourage them to get in touch as soon as possible.”
Witnesses can contact PC Hollingsworth via the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222.