Potters Bar cyclist dies in accident
A CYCLIST has died following an accident in Potters Bar.
The 39-year-old from the town was in collision with a blue Nissan Navarra on the A1000, Barnet Road
The incident happened at 9.50am yesterday (Sunday).
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “First and foremost our thoughts are firmly with the mans family and friends at this tragic time.”
Mr Sanderson added: “On arrival the man was found in a serious condition.
You may also want to watch:
“A team of paramedics and doctors worked extremely hard to stabilise his injuries at the scene, but sadly he was pronounced dead shortly after.”
Closures were put on the road at the junction with Dancers Hill Road, Dove Lane and Hill Rise by police.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 3 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 6 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 7 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 8 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 9 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 10 M25 protesters could face prison after Government secures injunction
PC Matt Hollingsworth, collision investigation officer, said: “This was a tragic incident as the cyclist passed away at the scene.
“We are very interested to speak to anyone who witnessed the collision who has not yet spoken to officers and would encourage them to get in touch as soon as possible.”
Witnesses can contact PC Hollingsworth via the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222.