Potters Bar Cricket Club out to raise funds
A MAJOR fundraising event is taking place at Potters Bar Cricket Club this week. Club members have organised a 24-hour cyclethon, which they hope will net �10,000 towards the cost of building a new clubhouse. The event starts at 9.30pm on Saturday and
A MAJOR fundraising event is taking place at Potters Bar Cricket Club this week.
Club members have organised a 24-hour cyclethon, which they hope will net �10,000 towards the cost of building a new clubhouse.
The event starts at 9.30pm on Saturday and finishes at 9.30pm on Sunday.
Organiser Sarah Withers told the Potters Bar Edition what the challenge will involve.
You may also want to watch:
"We have got two exercise bikes in the clubhouse and we have got to keep them going constantly for 24 hours," she said.
Sarah said reaching the target of �10,000 would be "no easy task" and added she hoped people would "dig deep and donate generously".
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
The 21-year-old added: "The bar will be open throughout the 24 hour period, so we would like as many people as possible to come down."
The clubhouse is expected to cost around �750,000 to build, of which the club needs to find �150,000.
As well as cricket, the club, which is based in The Walk, hosts hockey, darts and crib matches.
It also acts as a social club for the community.
For more information about the cyclethon, or to donate, call Sarah on 07545 808230.
Donations can also be made online at www.clubcharity.co.uk/