Potters Bar Cricket Club out to raise funds
A MAJOR fundraising event is taking place at Potters Bar Cricket Club this week. Club members have organised a 24-hour cyclethon, which they hope will net �10,000 towards the cost of building a new clubhouse. The event starts at 9.30pm on Saturday and
A MAJOR fundraising event is taking place at Potters Bar Cricket Club this week.
Club members have organised a 24-hour cyclethon, which they hope will net �10,000 towards the cost of building a new clubhouse.
The event starts at 9.30pm on Saturday and finishes at 9.30pm on Sunday.
Organiser Sarah Withers told the Potters Bar Edition what the challenge will involve.
You may also want to watch:
"We have got two exercise bikes in the clubhouse and we have got to keep them going constantly for 24 hours," she said.
Sarah said reaching the target of �10,000 would be "no easy task" and added she hoped people would "dig deep and donate generously".
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
The 21-year-old added: "The bar will be open throughout the 24 hour period, so we would like as many people as possible to come down."
The clubhouse is expected to cost around �750,000 to build, of which the club needs to find �150,000.
As well as cricket, the club, which is based in The Walk, hosts hockey, darts and crib matches.
It also acts as a social club for the community.
For more information about the cyclethon, or to donate, call Sarah on 07545 808230.
Donations can also be made online at www.clubcharity.co.uk/