Potters Bar couple admit perverting course of justice
A HUSBAND and wife from Potters Bar have been fined �500 and banned from driving after giving a false name to avoid a speeding fine.
Marc and Carrie Morrow, from Powis Court, both pleaded guilty to perverting the course of justice at St Albans Crown Court yesterday (Tuesday), after they falsely nominated a driver for a speed camera activation penalty.
But the couple had nominated a person living in America, and following an investigation by Hertfordshire Constabulary, which included help from the FBI, they were eventually found out.
The couple were fined �250 each and both disqualified from driving for six weeks.
Pc Bill Owen, who works in the Safety Camera Unit, said: “This result shows how far we will pursue those who attempt to avoid justice.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a very serious offence and I would urge anyone tempted to do the same, to think again.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire