Potters Bar cine fans celebrate 60 years
CINE film fans in Potters Bar are in for a treat today (Saturday).
For the town’s cine and video society is celebrating 60 years of filmmaking.
In 1950, five members of the local photographic society broke away and formed the Potters Bar Cine Society.
It has been going successfully ever since, helping and encouraging filmmakers in the hobby and producing many award-winning films throughout the years.
Almost from its inception, the society has held a public show, sometimes twice a year, and, in the early days, two performances each time, one in the afternoon and one in the evening.
You may also want to watch:
Keeping to this tradition, Saturday will see two shows at Northaw Village Hall, a matinee at 2.30pm and an evening show at 8pm.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 9 Welwyn Garden City gym smashes target distance in charity cycle challenge
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images