Potters Bar cine fans celebrate 60 years
CINE film fans in Potters Bar are in for a treat today (Saturday).
For the town’s cine and video society is celebrating 60 years of filmmaking.
In 1950, five members of the local photographic society broke away and formed the Potters Bar Cine Society.
It has been going successfully ever since, helping and encouraging filmmakers in the hobby and producing many award-winning films throughout the years.
Almost from its inception, the society has held a public show, sometimes twice a year, and, in the early days, two performances each time, one in the afternoon and one in the evening.
You may also want to watch:
Keeping to this tradition, Saturday will see two shows at Northaw Village Hall, a matinee at 2.30pm and an evening show at 8pm.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield