Potters Bar Cine and Video Society celebrates 60 years
A PRODUCTION looking at 60 years of film making in Potters Bar was created to mark a society’s anniversary.
Potters Bar Cine and Video Society, which was formed in 1950, celebrated its diamond anniversary with a meeting at Northaw Village Hall where the collaboration was shown alongside a black and white comedy film, shot in and around Potters Bar, more than 50 years ago.
Penny Love, secretary of the group, said: “The whole event went down excellently well.
“The collaboration film proved very successful as well, as a lot of people don’t realise how good the films are and were.
“This year we did a matinee during the day as well, because last year’s main event proved so successful.”
You may also want to watch:
The society, which meets at 7.45pm on alternate Thursdays at the Wyllyotts Centre in Darkes Lane, aims to encourage and advance amateur video making and to increase members’ enjoyment of the hobby.
To get involved call Penny on 01707 656446, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM