Potters Bar Cine and Video Society celebrates 60 years
A PRODUCTION looking at 60 years of film making in Potters Bar was created to mark a society’s anniversary.
Potters Bar Cine and Video Society, which was formed in 1950, celebrated its diamond anniversary with a meeting at Northaw Village Hall where the collaboration was shown alongside a black and white comedy film, shot in and around Potters Bar, more than 50 years ago.
Penny Love, secretary of the group, said: “The whole event went down excellently well.
“The collaboration film proved very successful as well, as a lot of people don’t realise how good the films are and were.
“This year we did a matinee during the day as well, because last year’s main event proved so successful.”
You may also want to watch:
The society, which meets at 7.45pm on alternate Thursdays at the Wyllyotts Centre in Darkes Lane, aims to encourage and advance amateur video making and to increase members’ enjoyment of the hobby.
To get involved call Penny on 01707 656446, email email@example.com
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 9 Welwyn Garden City gym smashes target distance in charity cycle challenge
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images