Potters Bar Christmas Tree lights switch-on brings out community’s best
- Credit: Archant
Potters Bar has been lit up for Christmas – with organisers paying tribute to the “amazing” community for all pitching in.
The Christmas tree lights switch-on took place in Oakmere Park on Saturday, with Potters Bar rotarians bringing a magical sleigh to add to the festivities.
Rhythmix dance academy, Angie's Dance Academy and choirs from Stormont and Oakmere primary schools provided the entertainment.
Lynette Sullivan, chair of Christmas in Potters Bar, said she was "overwhelmed and grateful to the amazing community".
"I'm glad that I chose to raise my children in such a warm community," she said.
You may also want to watch:
"Thanks to all the local organisations who have stalls and loaned us equipment. Grant Pinney is an amazing friend and DJ who has supported in 2018 and now in 2019 and beyond.
"Before the lighting Father Stephan lead the community in some traditional Carol's and an inclusive blessing for the community and the tree.
- 1 Hatfield House gives free passes to those in need
- 2 Man creates penis shapes with his running routes to raise money for testicular cancer
- 3 Person on railway between Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar
- 4 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 5 From 'half-baked' to a New Town - did planners keep their promise to make Hatfield a 'pleasant land'?
- 6 Several keyless cars stolen from neighbourhood within 15 hour period
- 7 Two charged after more than 100 wraps of crack and heroin seized
- 8 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 9 Hatfield school appoints new headteacher
- 10 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
"I'm so proud of everyone who took part and helped make the day magical. Christmas has now arrived in Potters Bar!"
Canada Life - the largest employer in the area - donated £10,000, Chas A Nethercotts & Son funeral directors gave £400 and the community raised the rest.