Potters Bar CCTV images released
THREE men who tried to steal a TV from a Potters Bar supermarket are being hunted by police.
Two of the men entered Tesco in Mutton Lane and, after going towards the electrical department, were approached by a security guard before moving on.
A third man then entered the same area and picked up a television, before walking out making no attempt to pay.
The two other men also left.
The three offenders were spotted trying to get the TV into a car, but were approached by a worker who challenged them and took it back.
You may also want to watch:
The hapless crooks then drove off in the direction of the A1.
Police have released CCTV images of three men they would like to speak to in connection with the theft, which took place shortly after 10pm on Friday, January 15.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 9 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
Pc Graham Hiscock said: “I would like to speak to anyone who may have been in the area at the time and saw the incident take place to get in touch.
“I would also like to speak to the people pictured in the CCTV or anyone who recognises them, as they could help us with information that could prove crucial to our investigation.”
Anyone with information should call 0845 33 00 222.