Potters Bar CCTV images released
THREE men who tried to steal a TV from a Potters Bar supermarket are being hunted by police.
Two of the men entered Tesco in Mutton Lane and, after going towards the electrical department, were approached by a security guard before moving on.
A third man then entered the same area and picked up a television, before walking out making no attempt to pay.
The two other men also left.
The three offenders were spotted trying to get the TV into a car, but were approached by a worker who challenged them and took it back.
You may also want to watch:
The hapless crooks then drove off in the direction of the A1.
Police have released CCTV images of three men they would like to speak to in connection with the theft, which took place shortly after 10pm on Friday, January 15.
- 1 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
Pc Graham Hiscock said: “I would like to speak to anyone who may have been in the area at the time and saw the incident take place to get in touch.
“I would also like to speak to the people pictured in the CCTV or anyone who recognises them, as they could help us with information that could prove crucial to our investigation.”
Anyone with information should call 0845 33 00 222.