Potters Bar Carnival proceeds handed out to worthwhile causes
THE success of this year s Potters Bar Carnival continues to be felt, after the event raised almost �7,000 for local organisations. At last week s open evening, organisers handed out a grand total of �6,850 to several organisations that took part in the c
THE success of this year's Potters Bar Carnival continues to be felt, after the event raised almost �7,000 for local organisations.
At last week's open evening, organisers handed out a grand total of �6,850 to several organisations that took part in the carnival.
The Hertfordshire Show Band received �4,000 to help cover their costs while they compete at the World Showband Championships in Holland at the end of this month.
The AtoB Cycle Ride, a group of Potters Bar cyclists who are peddling from Andorra to Britain in aid of Cancer Research UK, received �1,000.
You may also want to watch:
St Giles Primary School and 57 (Potters Bar) Squadron Air Training Corps each got �500, while the remaining �850 was divided between Hertstoppers Cheerleaders, The New Strathspey Scottish Dancers, Oakmere School, the Potters Bar Shotokan Karate Club, 2nd Little Heath Air Scouts, 5th Potters Bar Scouts and Hertsmere mayor Rosemary Gilligan's charities, Action for ME and RADAR.
Peter Weaver, one of the Potters Bar Carnival organisers, said:
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 6 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 9 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 10 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
"We were very surprised by the amount we received considering the credit crunch.