Potters Bar carnival gets energy sponsorship
THE imminent Potters Bar Carnival has received a late boost after an energy company added its name to the list of sponsors. EDF Energy Networks has donated �1,000 to the carnival after a sponsor pulled out at the last minute. Angelo Fitzhenry, head of h
THE imminent Potters Bar Carnival has received a late boost after an energy company added its name to the list of sponsors.
EDF Energy Networks has donated �1,000 to the carnival after a sponsor pulled out at the last minute.
Angelo Fitzhenry, head of highway services at EDF Energy Networks, said: "We're delighted to be sponsoring this popular community event and are pleased at being invited along on the day to judge the carnival floats with the Mayor of Hertsmere.
"We always strive to support the local community which we serve and this is a great opportunity to be able to demonstrate this."
You may also want to watch:
As a sponsor, Mr Fitzhenry will now join Hertsmere mayor Rosemary Gilligan, carnival princess Kristel Buckley and her two maids of honour at the start of the procession from outside Canada Life at 12.30pm this Sunday June 14.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street