Potters Bar Carnival gets energy sponsorship
THE imminent Potters Bar Carnival has received a late boost after an energy company added its name to the list of sponsors. EDF Energy Networks has donated �1,000 to the carnival after a sponsor pulled out at the last minute
THE imminent Potters Bar Carnival has received a late boost after an energy company added its name to the list of sponsors.
EDF Energy Networks has donated �1,000 to the carnival after a sponsor pulled out at the last minute.
Angelo Fitzhenry, head of highway services at EDF Energy Networks, said: "We're delighted to be sponsoring this popular community event and are pleased at being invited along on the day to judge the carnival floats with the Mayor of Hertsmere.
"We always strive to support the local community which we serve and this is a great opportunity to be able to demonstrate this."
You may also want to watch:
As a sponsor, Mr Fitzhenry will now join Hertsmere mayor Rosemary Gilligan, carnival princess Kristel Buckley and her two maids of honour at the start of the procession from outside Canada Life at 12.30pm this Sunday, June 14.
- 1 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 2 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 3 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 5 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 9 May 17th: Uno prepares to welcome more passengers on buses
- 10 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’