Potters Bar Carnival gets energy sponsorship
THE imminent Potters Bar Carnival has received a late boost after an energy company added its name to the list of sponsors. EDF Energy Networks has donated �1,000 to the carnival after a sponsor pulled out at the last minute
THE imminent Potters Bar Carnival has received a late boost after an energy company added its name to the list of sponsors.
EDF Energy Networks has donated �1,000 to the carnival after a sponsor pulled out at the last minute.
Angelo Fitzhenry, head of highway services at EDF Energy Networks, said: "We're delighted to be sponsoring this popular community event and are pleased at being invited along on the day to judge the carnival floats with the Mayor of Hertsmere.
"We always strive to support the local community which we serve and this is a great opportunity to be able to demonstrate this."
You may also want to watch:
As a sponsor, Mr Fitzhenry will now join Hertsmere mayor Rosemary Gilligan, carnival princess Kristel Buckley and her two maids of honour at the start of the procession from outside Canada Life at 12.30pm this Sunday, June 14.
- 1 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 2 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 9 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 10 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best