Potters Bar Carnival gets energy sponsorship
THE imminent Potters Bar Carnival has received a late boost after an energy company added its name to the list of sponsors. EDF Energy Networks has donated �1,000 to the carnival after a sponsor pulled out at the last minute
THE imminent Potters Bar Carnival has received a late boost after an energy company added its name to the list of sponsors.
EDF Energy Networks has donated �1,000 to the carnival after a sponsor pulled out at the last minute.
Angelo Fitzhenry, head of highway services at EDF Energy Networks, said: "We're delighted to be sponsoring this popular community event and are pleased at being invited along on the day to judge the carnival floats with the Mayor of Hertsmere.
"We always strive to support the local community which we serve and this is a great opportunity to be able to demonstrate this."
You may also want to watch:
As a sponsor, Mr Fitzhenry will now join Hertsmere mayor Rosemary Gilligan, carnival princess Kristel Buckley and her two maids of honour at the start of the procession from outside Canada Life at 12.30pm this Sunday, June 14.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 9 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street