Potters Bar by-election candidates announced
THE candidates for the forthcoming borough council by-election in Potters Bar have been chosen. The vote, which will take place on October 22, has been called to find
THE candidates for the forthcoming borough council by-election in Potters Bar have been chosen.
The vote, which will take place on October 22, has been called to find a successor for Oakmere councillor Martin Heywood, who died aged 56 on September 5.
Fighting it out to replace Cllr Heywood are Tugay Sevincli, for the Conservative Party and Paul Pierre Tengwo, for the Labour Party.
No other parties will contest the seat.
You may also want to watch:
By-elections will also be held in Borehamwood North, which Cllr Heywood has represented on the county council since June, and Hillside, his seat on Elstree and Borehamwood Town Council.
Polling stations will be open between 7am and 10pm on October 22 and the count will take place later that evening at Hertsmere Borough Council's offices in Borehamwood.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 5 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 6 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes