Potters Bar by-election candidates announced
THE candidates for the forthcoming borough council by-election in Potters Bar have been chosen. The vote, which will take place on October 22, has been called to find
THE candidates for the forthcoming borough council by-election in Potters Bar have been chosen.
The vote, which will take place on October 22, has been called to find a successor for Oakmere councillor Martin Heywood, who died aged 56 on September 5.
Fighting it out to replace Cllr Heywood are Tugay Sevincli, for the Conservative Party and Paul Pierre Tengwo, for the Labour Party.
No other parties will contest the seat.
You may also want to watch:
By-elections will also be held in Borehamwood North, which Cllr Heywood has represented on the county council since June, and Hillside, his seat on Elstree and Borehamwood Town Council.
Polling stations will be open between 7am and 10pm on October 22 and the count will take place later that evening at Hertsmere Borough Council's offices in Borehamwood.
- 1 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 4 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 9 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 10 Lessons from Auschwitz: Why we must keep talking about the Holocaust