Potters Bar boy considers himself hired for Oliver!
A BUDDING young actor has secured a 'dream role' in the West End run of Oliver! James Hodge, from Oakroyd Avenue, Potters Bar, has beaten hundreds of other boys to land the prestigious part of the workhouse boy in the
A BUDDING young actor has secured a "dream role" in the West End run of Oliver!
James Hodge, from Oakroyd Avenue, Potters Bar, has beaten hundreds of other boys to land the prestigious part of the workhouse boy in the musical.
The 10-year-old was given the "opportunity of a lifetime" after he won a year's scholarship to Top Hat Stage School through a scheme run by Hertsmere Borough Council.
He has attended the stage school, based in Monk's Walk School, WGC, since January.
You may also want to watch:
The talented actor, who attends Cranborne School, Potters Bar, is overjoyed with his Oliver! part, which he will play at the Theatre Royal 12 times a month from the end of July until December.
He said: "This is a massive opportunity for me.
- 1 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 2 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 5 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 9 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
"I am so excited and I can't believe it is happening."
Mum Jennifer, 41, added: "I am so proud of James.
"He has been loving Top Hat and was so happy to have been offered the scholarship and to now have him in the West End is just amazing."
Top Hat principal Warren Bacci said: "I knew from the first time I saw James at the auditions that he was good.
"We had no hesitation in signing him up to our agency and to put him forward for various roles - he has shown amazing talent."
Mr Bacci added: "I am so thrilled James he will be joining the Oliver! cast. It's such great news."
Oliver! will run at the Drury Lane theatre in London until July next year.
Rowan Atkinson is currently playing Fagin, with Omid Djalili taking over the role from July 20.