Welwyn Hatfield charity nominated for national award
- Credit: Melissa Page
A Hertfordshire based charity has been nominated for the Community Organisation Award in the National Diversity Awards.
Potential Kids, based in Welwyn Hatfield, provides learning, social and sports opportunities to neurodiverse children.
The award, in association with ITV News, honours positive role models, entrepreneurs and community organisations.
Director Susanna Mateu, who has been nominated for an award herself, said: "Potential Kids is over the moon to be nominated for the National Diversity Awards 2020.
"We are a very small charity run by a small group of volunteers, that are working tirelessly to support Neurodiverse children and young people and their families in Hertfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
"Our charity is very inclusive and is a safe and welcoming organisation whom welcomes anyone who needs any help, no matter who they are or where they come from.
"We are a very diverse group of parent/carers coming together to offer support and make a difference in our community."
- 1 Welwyn Hatfield MP receives first dose of COVID-19 vaccination
- 2 Man creates penis shapes with his running routes to raise money for testicular cancer
- 3 Can you name Welwyn Garden City's newest fire engine?
- 4 CCTV appeal after £100,000 worth of vehicles destroyed in arson attack
- 5 Council tax increase set to fund county, borough and police services
- 6 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 7 Coronavirus cases in Welwyn Hatfield now level with England average
- 8 Burglars steal jewellery and cash after threatening residents
- 9 Matt Ball: Why non-league clubs should do more with their clubhouse and bar
- 10 Ford Fiesta latest vehicle to be damaged after spate of vandalism in Hatfield