Postman delivers Michael Jackson tribute
A MICHAEL Jackson dance has made a postman from Hatfield an overnight internet sensation. Mike Izzard, of Robins Way, filmed his routine to Jackson s hit Billie Jean at the Royal Mail delivery office in St Albans at the end of May. After a work colleague
A MICHAEL Jackson dance has made a postman from Hatfield an overnight internet sensation.
Mike Izzard, of Robins Way, filmed his routine to Jackson's hit Billie Jean at the Royal Mail delivery office in St Albans at the end of May.
After a work colleague posted the footage on video-sharing website YouTube and, after selling a number of DVD copies to his family and friends, he has managed to raise nearly �600 for the RSPCA.
The 36-year-old is now set to hand a cheque over to the charity's Southridge Animal Centre, in South Mimms.
You may also want to watch:
Mike, 36, spoke candidly to the Welwyn & Hatfield Times about the late King of Pop, whose memorial and funeral services take place later today (Tuesday).
"MJ was the best thing on this planet, now he's the brightest star in the sky," he said.
- 1 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 4 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 7 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 10 Lessons from Auschwitz: Why we must keep talking about the Holocaust
"I'm sure MJ would love this dance being used for helping animals.
"He loved them as much as children because, unlike adults, they would not hurt him.