Postman delivers Michael Jackson tribute
A MICHAEL Jackson dance has made a postman from Hatfield an overnight internet sensation. Mike Izzard, of Robins Way, filmed his routine to Jackson s hit Billie Jean at the Royal Mail delivery office in St Albans at the end of May. After a work colleague
A MICHAEL Jackson dance has made a postman from Hatfield an overnight internet sensation.
Mike Izzard, of Robins Way, filmed his routine to Jackson's hit Billie Jean at the Royal Mail delivery office in St Albans at the end of May.
After a work colleague posted the footage on video-sharing website YouTube and, after selling a number of DVD copies to his family and friends, he has managed to raise nearly �600 for the RSPCA.
The 36-year-old is now set to hand a cheque over to the charity's Southridge Animal Centre, in South Mimms.
You may also want to watch:
Mike, 36, spoke candidly to the Welwyn & Hatfield Times about the late King of Pop, whose memorial and funeral services take place later today (Tuesday).
"MJ was the best thing on this planet, now he's the brightest star in the sky," he said.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 10 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
"I'm sure MJ would love this dance being used for helping animals.
"He loved them as much as children because, unlike adults, they would not hurt him.