Postman delivers Michael Jackson tribute
A MICHAEL Jackson dance has made a postman from Hatfield an overnight internet sensation. Mike Izzard, of Robins Way, filmed his routine to Jackson s hit Billie Jean at the Royal Mail delivery office in St Albans at the end of May. After a work colleague
A MICHAEL Jackson dance has made a postman from Hatfield an overnight internet sensation.
Mike Izzard, of Robins Way, filmed his routine to Jackson's hit Billie Jean at the Royal Mail delivery office in St Albans at the end of May.
After a work colleague posted the footage on video-sharing website YouTube and, after selling a number of DVD copies to his family and friends, he has managed to raise nearly �600 for the RSPCA.
The 36-year-old is now set to hand a cheque over to the charity's Southridge Animal Centre, in South Mimms.
Mike, 36, spoke candidly to the Welwyn & Hatfield Times about the late King of Pop, whose memorial and funeral services take place later today (Tuesday).
"MJ was the best thing on this planet, now he's the brightest star in the sky," he said.
- 1 Hunt for stolen labrador puppy from Welwyn Garden City
- 2 LIVE: Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield A-level results 2022
- 3 Disney's Encanto, The Greatest Showman and Spider-Man movie set for free outdoor cinema in Welwyn Garden City town centre
- 4 Food supplements worth £100s stolen from Holland and Barrett shop
- 5 Overgrown country lane 'is danger' to users, says mother
- 6 Campaigners hit out at Spectator’s ‘the folly of garden cities’ piece
- 7 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 8 Rave reviews for Classic Ibiza concert ahead of Hatfield House return
- 9 Enjoy the battle for the best firework display at Hatfield House
- 10 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
"I'm sure MJ would love this dance being used for helping animals.
"He loved them as much as children because, unlike adults, they would not hurt him.