Postbox catches fire in Potters Bar
A POSTBOX caught alight in mysterious circumstances in Potters Bar.
Firefighters used a dry powder extinguisher to douse the flames, which took hold in Willow Way at around 9pm on Friday last week.
A spokeswoman for the Herts Fire and Rescue Service described the cause of the blaze as “doubtful” and confirmed police had been notified.
A police spokeswoman said officers spoke to some youths who were spotted in the area after the fire.
However, she stressed no-one had been arrested and the incident was not currently being treated as a crime.
You may also want to watch:
If you saw anything suspicious in Willow Way that night, call the police on 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Nature migrations: Ospreys and other migrant visitors to Panshanger Park
- 9 Welwyn Garden Cup off on another cup adventure after dramatic FA Trophy win over Hythe
- 10 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street