Postbox catches fire in Potters Bar
A POSTBOX caught alight in mysterious circumstances in Potters Bar.
Firefighters used a dry powder extinguisher to douse the flames, which took hold in Willow Way at around 9pm on Friday last week.
A spokeswoman for the Herts Fire and Rescue Service described the cause of the blaze as “doubtful” and confirmed police had been notified.
A police spokeswoman said officers spoke to some youths who were spotted in the area after the fire.
However, she stressed no-one had been arrested and the incident was not currently being treated as a crime.
You may also want to watch:
If you saw anything suspicious in Willow Way that night, call the police on 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 2 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 3 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 4 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 5 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 6 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 8 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Father reveals 'toll' his infertility took on his mental health while trying to have a baby
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules