Postbox catches fire in Potters Bar
A POSTBOX caught alight in mysterious circumstances in Potters Bar.
Firefighters used a dry powder extinguisher to douse the flames, which took hold in Willow Way at around 9pm on Friday last week.
A spokeswoman for the Herts Fire and Rescue Service described the cause of the blaze as “doubtful” and confirmed police had been notified.
A police spokeswoman said officers spoke to some youths who were spotted in the area after the fire.
However, she stressed no-one had been arrested and the incident was not currently being treated as a crime.
You may also want to watch:
If you saw anything suspicious in Willow Way that night, call the police on 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 2 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 3 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 4 Student union apologises after controversial ‘Solidarity with Palestine’ post
- 5 New Fast & Furious 9 UK release date announced
- 6 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 7 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 10 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder