Postal voters in Potters Bar urged to return ballots quickly
RESIDENTS in Potters Bar who are set to vote by post in next week s by-election are being urged to return their ballot paper as soon as possible. The call has been made by Hertsmere Borough Council in light of the threat of upcoming postal strikes within
RESIDENTS in Potters Bar who are set to vote by post in next week's by-election are being urged to return their ballot paper as soon as possible.
The call has been made by Hertsmere Borough Council in light of the threat of upcoming postal strikes within Royal Mail.
The by-election is being held in the town's Oakmere ward on October 22, to elect a successor to borough councillor Martin Heywood, who passed away on September 5.
By-elections are also taking place in the Borehamwood North electoral division for the county council and the Hillside ward of Elstree and Borehamwood Town Council.
You may also want to watch:
Postal ballots were issued to residents on October 9 and they are now being asked to return them promptly.
A borough council spokeswoman said: "Although the final details about a postal strike have not yet been announced by Royal Mail, the potential first date of action is 22 October - the day of the election itself - so it is possible that votes posted close to this date will not arrive in time."
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 8 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 9 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 10 Have you seen this highly sentimental stolen jewellery?
Postal votes can also be handed in to one of the polling stations on the day, anytime between 7am and 10pm.
For more information about the election, call Hertsmere Borough Council on 020 8207 7481 or email firstname.lastname@example.org