Post Office refuses to reverse Welwyn Garden City branch decision
POST Office bosses have refused to re-examine their 'unpopular' decision to close a well-respected branch in WGC. Handside post office, which was located in Huttons newsagents in Marsden Road, was axed in November, despite vehement protests from employees
POST Office bosses have refused to re-examine their "unpopular" decision to close a well-respected branch in WGC.
Handside post office, which was located in Huttons newsagents in Marsden Road, was axed in November, despite vehement protests from employees and residents.
Subsequently, Dr Dennis Lewis, who set up a council of war to fight the closure, has written to Post Office Ltd (POL) chairman Allan Leighton on numerous occasions and asked him to review the decision on the grounds the evidence for closing the branch was "factually inaccurate".
But Dr Lewis, a former borough councillor, has now learned his appeal for a review has been rejected - but has refused to vowed to battle on.
For the full story, come back to www.whtimes24.co.uk later.
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 7 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 9 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 10 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City