Post Office refuses to reverse Welwyn Garden City branch decision
POST Office bosses have refused to re-examine their 'unpopular' decision to close a well-respected branch in WGC. Handside post office, which was located in Huttons newsagents in Marsden Road, was axed in November, despite vehement protests from employees
POST Office bosses have refused to re-examine their "unpopular" decision to close a well-respected branch in WGC.
Handside post office, which was located in Huttons newsagents in Marsden Road, was axed in November, despite vehement protests from employees and residents.
Subsequently, Dr Dennis Lewis, who set up a council of war to fight the closure, has written to Post Office Ltd (POL) chairman Allan Leighton on numerous occasions and asked him to review the decision on the grounds the evidence for closing the branch was "factually inaccurate".
But Dr Lewis, a former borough councillor, has now learned his appeal for a review has been rejected - but has refused to vowed to battle on.
You may also want to watch:
For the full story, come back to www.whtimes24.co.uk later.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 5 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
- 6 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
- 7 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 8 JD Wetherspoons lists building in town centre for sale
- 9 CCTV appeal after safe containing cash and watches stolen
- 10 Eight vehicles seized after police operation to crack down on crime