Policeman saying farewell to Potters Bar
A POPULAR police officer is pounding the beat in Potters Bar for the final time today (Thursday). Pc Paul Reading is moving to a new post with the Metropolitan Police after five years serving the town. Pc Reading told the Potters Bar Edition he had loved
A POPULAR police officer is pounding the beat in Potters Bar for the final time today (Thursday).
Pc Paul Reading is moving to a new post with the Metropolitan Police after five years serving the town.
Pc Reading told the Potters Bar Edition he had "loved" working here.
"I've really enjoyed my time in Potters Bar," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"I've made some really good friends and met some nice people.
"I will miss it - but I felt the time is right for me to move on."
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 8 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 9 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
The dad-of-two made national headlines and attended a Downing Street reception with PM Gordon Brown last year when he was declared one of Britain's bravest bobbies.
He was nominated in the Police Bravery Awards after saving a man from plunging to his death from a bridge over the M25.
His departure will be a "great loss" for Potters Bar, according to residents. See this week's Potters Bar Edition for more.