Policeman saying farewell to Potters Bar
A POPULAR police officer is pounding the beat in Potters Bar for the final time today (Thursday). Pc Paul Reading is moving to a new post with the Metropolitan Police after five years serving the town. Pc Reading told the Potters Bar Edition he had loved
A POPULAR police officer is pounding the beat in Potters Bar for the final time today (Thursday).
Pc Paul Reading is moving to a new post with the Metropolitan Police after five years serving the town.
Pc Reading told the Potters Bar Edition he had "loved" working here.
"I've really enjoyed my time in Potters Bar," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"I've made some really good friends and met some nice people.
"I will miss it - but I felt the time is right for me to move on."
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 9 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 10 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
The dad-of-two made national headlines and attended a Downing Street reception with PM Gordon Brown last year when he was declared one of Britain's bravest bobbies.
He was nominated in the Police Bravery Awards after saving a man from plunging to his death from a bridge over the M25.
His departure will be a "great loss" for Potters Bar, according to residents. See this week's Potters Bar Edition for more.