Police Warn against ghoulish Halloween behaviour in Potters Bar
GHOULISH behaviour from trick-or-treat tearaways will not be tolerated in Potters Bar on Halloween, police have warned.
Anti-yob patrols will be stepped up in the town and police have pledged they will deal “robustly” with incidents of anti-social behaviour.
A spokeswoman added that officers had been “working with retail outlets to prevent selling flour and eggs to children.”
She added: “The school’s PCSO has been going round to schools to reinforce the message.”
Borough councillor John Donne, community safety portfolio holder, said: “We want people to have fun at Halloween but also to be safe and think about how their behaviour might affect other people.”
You may also want to watch:
To keep youngsters entertained, a number of activities have been set up by the Hertsmere Community Safety Partnership.
- 1 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 2 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 9 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 10 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses