Police storm suspected gunman’s Hatfield home
ARMED police stormed a student house amid fears a resident had a gun.
Marksmen raided the home in Oxlease Drive, Hatfield, at around 11pm last Tuesday.
One neighbour told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “There were 14 armed officers who turned up, they looked like a SWAT team.”
He added there had not been any previous problems with the current occupiers of the property.
A Hertfordshire Constabulary spokeswoman said: “Police attended a property in Oxlease Drive on the evening of Tuesday, January 11, to execute a warrant in relation to a suspected firearm at the property.
You may also want to watch:
“A 22-year-old man from Hatfield was arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm and has been released on police bail while enquiries continue. No items were seized from the property.”
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 3 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 6 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 9 Explore Hertford Castle at free open day
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed