Police storm suspected gunman’s Hatfield home
ARMED police stormed a student house amid fears a resident had a gun.
Marksmen raided the home in Oxlease Drive, Hatfield, at around 11pm last Tuesday.
One neighbour told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “There were 14 armed officers who turned up, they looked like a SWAT team.”
He added there had not been any previous problems with the current occupiers of the property.
A Hertfordshire Constabulary spokeswoman said: “Police attended a property in Oxlease Drive on the evening of Tuesday, January 11, to execute a warrant in relation to a suspected firearm at the property.
You may also want to watch:
“A 22-year-old man from Hatfield was arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm and has been released on police bail while enquiries continue. No items were seized from the property.”
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 5 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 6 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 7 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
- 8 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth