Car seized following traffic offences in Hatfield
- Credit: Harry Rutter/Archant
A car has been seized and two people have been issued with traffic offence reports for driving without the correct licence and insurance in Hatfield.
On Tuesday, April 20, police received a report of a suspicious grey Vauxhall Corsa driving through the town.
Officers stopped the vehicle in High Dells, and found that the driver – a 28-year-old woman from Hatfield – only held a provisional driving licence. Police checks were carried out on the car and it was established that it was a hire vehicle under a name that did not match the woman.
The vehicle was seized and the woman was issued with a traffic offence report for 'driving otherwise in accordance of a licence' and for driving without vehicle insurance.
The vehicle was taken to the hire company in St Albans and further enquiries were carried out, where it was found the woman’s partner had hired the car.
You may also want to watch:
The man – aged 29 and from Hatfield - was issued a traffic offence report for allowing the vehicle to be used by a person who he knew didn’t have a licence.
PC Chris Giles, from the Welwyn Hatfield Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: “I hope this result is reassuring to the local community.
- 1 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 6 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 7 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
“Please remember, you can submit feedback to us using our community voice platform ‘echo’. Your feedback will help towards shaping our local policing priorities, initiatives and campaigns.”
To give your feedback to Welwyn Hatfield Safer Neighbourhood Team, visit www.capture.rantandrave.com/s3/WellHat.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.