Police’s parking pledge for Welwyn Hatfield Race for Life
THE car park at police HQ in Welwyn Garden City is being made available to people taking part in Sunday’s Race for Life.
The annual Cancer Research UK fundraiser is taking place at Stanborough Lakes, next door to Hertfordshire Constabulary’s base.
And, for the first time, the force is lending use of its car park facilities, in exchange for a donation to charity.
A police spokeswoman said: “We hope the move will reduce the number of participants parking their vehicles on nearby grass verges, putting themselves and other motorists at potential risk, and help raise a little cash for a police sponsored charity.
The car park will be marshalled by police cadets.
You may also want to watch:
They will be collecting donations for the Hertfordshire Domestic Violence Helpline.
The helpline, which supports anyone affected by domestic violence, is manned from 10am to 10pm Monday to Friday. The number 08 088 088 088 doesn’t show up on phone bills.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 10 Paedophile jailed for historic child sex offences
* The Finesse-run car park at Stanborough Lakes will also be available for parking. Charges apply.
Motorists are reminded that Stanborough Road will be shut between the Gosling and boat roundabouts on Sunday morning.