Police role play event in Hatfield
SHOPPERS may have seen a number of police officers dealing with various heated incidents in the Galleria in Hatfield.
But the confrontations were just role play exercises forming part of Hertfordshire Constabulary’s Pcso training scheme.
Eleven Pcsos were tested on a number of ‘real life’ scenarios – featuring students at Oaklands College in WGC – on May 10.
The four episodes included nuisance behaviour in the cinema, adults refusing to leave the caf�, students drinking in an alcohol-free designated area and people causing a problem in one of the shops.
Trainer Clive Brain said: “We are very lucky the management of the Galleria has supported us by letting us use their premises, as well as the managers of Odeon Cinema, Caf� Giardino and the Petroleum store, which makes the training seem far more realistic.
You may also want to watch:
“This is the last time Pcsos are supervised by trainers before they join their respective stations.”
- 1 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 6 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 7 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 8 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 9 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 10 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight