Police role play event in Hatfield
SHOPPERS may have seen a number of police officers dealing with various heated incidents in the Galleria in Hatfield.
But the confrontations were just role play exercises forming part of Hertfordshire Constabulary’s Pcso training scheme.
Eleven Pcsos were tested on a number of ‘real life’ scenarios – featuring students at Oaklands College in WGC – on May 10.
The four episodes included nuisance behaviour in the cinema, adults refusing to leave the caf�, students drinking in an alcohol-free designated area and people causing a problem in one of the shops.
Trainer Clive Brain said: “We are very lucky the management of the Galleria has supported us by letting us use their premises, as well as the managers of Odeon Cinema, Caf� Giardino and the Petroleum store, which makes the training seem far more realistic.
You may also want to watch:
“This is the last time Pcsos are supervised by trainers before they join their respective stations.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home