Sheep on the loose near Welwyn Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
Police are helping round up a rogue herd of sheep on the hoof between Bayford and Essendon.
Police were on the hunt for 30 to 40 sheep on the loose, reportedly seen on a bend near the quarry on the B158, near the junction with Robins Nest Hill.
Officers from East Herts rural police were called at 10.30 and gambolled over to the scene.
The search initially proved fruitless.
However, the animals have now been found and are being herded thanks to a tight-knit police operation, proving that you can’t pull the wool over Herts Police’s eyes.
You may also want to watch:
No related traffic delays have been reported by Highways England.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 8 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 9 Girls of Potters Bar Crusaders happy with draw at hot Harpenden
- 10 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield