Sheep on the loose near Welwyn Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
Police are helping round up a rogue herd of sheep on the hoof between Bayford and Essendon.
Police were on the hunt for 30 to 40 sheep on the loose, reportedly seen on a bend near the quarry on the B158, near the junction with Robins Nest Hill.
Officers from East Herts rural police were called at 10.30 and gambolled over to the scene.
The search initially proved fruitless.
However, the animals have now been found and are being herded thanks to a tight-knit police operation, proving that you can’t pull the wool over Herts Police’s eyes.
You may also want to watch:
No related traffic delays have been reported by Highways England.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 6 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 7 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 10 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge