Police release CCTV images following attempted theft in Hatfield
A MAN is being hunted by police in connection with the attempted theft of mobile phones.
Police want to speak to the man pictured, following an attempted theft at Tesco in Hatfield.
A man hid two LG mobile phones and a Sony Ebook in an empty DVD player box, approached the checkout to pay for the ‘DVD player’ and when the cashier attempted to remove the security tag inside the box the offender made off into the car park.
A police spokeswoman said the pictured man may be a witness to the crime or could offer assistance in the investigation.
The incident took place at around 10pm on April 12, but details have only just been released by the police.
You may also want to watch:
If you recognise him, or if you have any information about the incident, call Hertfordshire Constabulary on 0845 3300 222 as soon as possible.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank