Police release CCTV images following attempted theft in Hatfield
A MAN is being hunted by police in connection with the attempted theft of mobile phones.
Police want to speak to the man pictured, following an attempted theft at Tesco in Hatfield.
A man hid two LG mobile phones and a Sony Ebook in an empty DVD player box, approached the checkout to pay for the ‘DVD player’ and when the cashier attempted to remove the security tag inside the box the offender made off into the car park.
A police spokeswoman said the pictured man may be a witness to the crime or could offer assistance in the investigation.
The incident took place at around 10pm on April 12, but details have only just been released by the police.
You may also want to watch:
If you recognise him, or if you have any information about the incident, call Hertfordshire Constabulary on 0845 3300 222 as soon as possible.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 4 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 10 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say