Police release CCTV footage of vehicle break-ins in Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
Police have released new CCTV footage in relation to four vehicle break-ins in Potters Bar and Cuffley.
Between 11.35am and 11.46am on Wednesday, November 2, 2016, offenders attempted to break into a van, which was parked off Sopers Road in Cuffley.
The owner and his friends tried to stop them and the car, a silver Citroen Picasso, sped off.
It then sped back up the road and was in collision with the victim, a man in his 30s, throwing him into the air before he landed on the pavement.
He suffered injuries which required hospital treatment (crime reference number B2/16/4583).
You may also want to watch:
On the same day just prior to this offence, offender(s) gained entry to a white Renault van in Hawkshead Road, Potters Bar, and stole power tools (crime reference number B2/16/4579).
On Thursday, February 16, 2017, between 11.30am and 12pm in Lambs Close, Cuffley, offender(s) forced open the front door of a red Citroen panel van and taken tools.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 3 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 4 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 5 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 6 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 7 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 8 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 9 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 10 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
On this occasion a grey Renault Laguna and a white Vauxhall Combo van were seen in the area (crime reference number B2/17/800).
The fourth incident occurred on the same day (February 16) in Sopers Road, Cuffley, around the same time. Offender(s) forced entry to the driver door of a silver Peugeot van and stole tools (crime reference number B2/17/805).
PC Jodie Bolton from the Local Crime Unit said: “We had a small number of calls with information following the Crimewatch appeal, which we are following up, however I am still appealing to anyone who may be able to assist the investigation into these incidents.
“We would like to speak with the people pictured in the footage as they may have information about all of these incidents, which we believe are linked.
“The victim who was hit by the car is lucky to be alive and the other victims have faced costs to replace the damage caused and items stolen.
“If you know anything about any of the incidents, please contact the non-emergency number 101 quoting one of the crime reference numbers.”