Police officer's plea to residents to drive carefully in Brookmans Park
A POLICEMAN is urging motorists to drive carefully in a village after nine people were caught speeding in one hour. The offences occurred on Thursday when officers from Hatfield Safer Neighbourhood Team were in Brookmans Park conducting Laser S
A POLICEMAN is urging motorists to drive carefully in a village after nine people were caught speeding in one hour.
The offences occurred on Thursday when officers from Hatfield Safer Neighbourhood Team were in Brookmans Park conducting Laser Speed Enforcement.
Pc Ross Freeman, who covers Brookmans Park and Little Heath, was part of the team and pleaded with drivers to "watch their speed and drive safely".
He said: "We were there in the village for just over one hour in which time we recorded nine separate offences of speeding within a 30mph zone.
You may also want to watch:
"Those ticketed by ourselves were recorded doing speeds ranging up to 49mph.
"Needless to say it is disappointing to record this many speeders in such a short period of time."
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 4 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 8 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 9 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 10 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
Pc Freeman said he would continue to combat speed in Brookmans Park and anyone caught driving over the limit could be hit with a �60 fine and three points on their licence.
He added: "Can I please re-enforce to anyone driving through the village and surrounding area's to watch their speed and drive carefully.