Police officer's plea to residents to drive carefully in Brookmans Park
A POLICEMAN is urging motorists to drive carefully in a village after nine people were caught speeding in one hour. The offences occurred on Thursday when officers from Hatfield Safer Neighbourhood Team were in Brookmans Park conducting Laser S
A POLICEMAN is urging motorists to drive carefully in a village after nine people were caught speeding in one hour.
The offences occurred on Thursday when officers from Hatfield Safer Neighbourhood Team were in Brookmans Park conducting Laser Speed Enforcement.
Pc Ross Freeman, who covers Brookmans Park and Little Heath, was part of the team and pleaded with drivers to "watch their speed and drive safely".
He said: "We were there in the village for just over one hour in which time we recorded nine separate offences of speeding within a 30mph zone.
"Those ticketed by ourselves were recorded doing speeds ranging up to 49mph.
"Needless to say it is disappointing to record this many speeders in such a short period of time."
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 7 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 9 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 10 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
Pc Freeman said he would continue to combat speed in Brookmans Park and anyone caught driving over the limit could be hit with a �60 fine and three points on their licence.
He added: "Can I please re-enforce to anyone driving through the village and surrounding area's to watch their speed and drive carefully.