Police issue warning to tradesmen after spate of tool thefts
TRADESMEN are being urged to remove tools from their vans overnight, after a spate of thefts from vehicles in Welham Green.
In one such raid, which took place between 5.30pm on June 2 and 4.30pm on June 3, an angle grinder, hammer drill and Stanley spirit level were nabbed from a blue Mercedes van parked securely in Somers Square.
Three other vehicles have also been targeted in this area over the past few weeks.
Pc Adel Bosowitz said: “Most of the offences have occurred on Somers Square and Somers Road.
“We believe the thieves may be local, but we need help to trace them.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “If you use your tools for your work, it would be devastating if they are stolen but you can prevent yourself from becoming a victim by removing these items, or anything else of value from your vehicle.
“It seems common sense advice but it is amazing how many people become complacent.”
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 10 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
As well as the break ins, the police have also been made aware of five recent incidences of overnight vehicle vandalism in the village.
“These acts of vandalism are criminal and we need to find out who is responsible,” Pc Bosowitz added.
Call police with information on 0845 33 00 222.